Windsor Park Evangelical Lutheran Church
2619 East 76th Street
Tornado Univ Martial Arts Science
3065 E 93rd Street
To Register contact 708.595.4169
and visit www.amasainc.com
Community High School Activities:
Community Base Higher Learning:
3055 E. 92nd Street
Chicago, IL 60617 (773) 291-6770
Holman Leadership Academy Enlightening Minds to Lead!
Holman Leadership is an amazing new Christian-based private school that is creating our future leaders! Our years of experience in the educational field and passion for teaching is our driving force for taking young minds on a journey of excellence in behavior and academics. Please explore this site as it is a map of the Holman Leadership Academy’s educational adventure. Call us with any questions at (773) 443-LEAD or email us at email@example.com
Elijah’s Place “All Male Home School”
For Enrollment Information Or Tutoring Call: 773-598-9950 Or http://elijahplace.webs.com/
Camelot’s alternative education programs offer:
- Curriculum tailored to individual students
- Safe, secure environment to promote learning
- Student-centered organizations that promote leadership
- Focus on remedial education, special education and ESL
- Life skills, vocational training and computer-enhanced instruction
- Counseling support services, community resource support network and social services
- Recreation/physical education
Camelot prides itself on maintaining high levels of accountability and working as a real partner with each school district in which it operates. Before a program is implemented, performance data are collected to provide benchmarks and identify needed areas of focus. Camelot then closely monitors achievement statistics to ensure positive performance.
While Camelot provides support to disruptive students outside of the general school population, it is committed to working hand-in-hand with the school district. The program works collaboratively and keeps its strategies focused on county, state, and federal benchmarks and actively solicits the review and feedback of the district.
- To ensure optimal outcomes, Camelot’s transitional schools are tailored to the specific needs and objectives of the district, offering both remedial discipline, as well as specialized dropout prevention programs. In every aspect, Camelot seeks to be a partner in the success of each school district – working together and sharing achievements every step of the way.
7877 S. Coles St. Chicago, IL 60649
Windsor Park Tech Girlz Workshops:
Windsor Park Lutheran Church
2619 E 76th St
Connectivity makes a difference in many ways. In partnership with Leave No Veteran Behind and American Wide Broadband, Cambium Networks connected a Community Hub in the South Shore neighborhood in Chicago at Windsor Park Lutheran Church with high-speed wireless broadband and free WiFi. Since the network launched in 2016, the community has found ways to leverage the system to improve the lives of local residents.
While the system provides connectivity for job searching, homework, applying for services and video surveillance to provide a safe location, Cambium Networks employees recently extended the reach into the community.
- The Hub includes a food pantry with is part of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. As part of Cambium Networks’ seventh anniversary, employees in our Rolling Meadows office donated food to stock the pantry. Located in an area with no major food stores, this pantry is one of the largest distribution locations on Chicago’s South Side.
- Even better than providing free Wi-Fi, Cambium Networks team members showed young people how to install and configure a Wi-Fi access point (AP). TechGirlz is a nationwide organization that promotes technology among young women. 16 young people in the program attended the session that included unboxing, connecting, provisioning the AP and creating their own network with their own name and splash page. This simple session gave them the opportunity to explore and better understand the Wi-Fi and RF technology that is going to be a part of their lives. Regardless of their future, connectivity will be a part of their lives, and there is no better way to learn than with hands-on experience in a friendly environment.Wi-Fi and connectivity truly make a difference in peoples’ lives – both in the near term and over the long run.
THE TECHGIRLZ MANIFESTO
- All girls have a right to be part of the innovation economy.
- Diversity in tech is ultimately an economic issue: companies perform better and even thrive with a more diverse workforce, and more women in tech can address the industry’s workforce shortage.
- Technology is a creative skill. It conveys the right to create and requires technical skill channeled by vision, creativity and an understanding of the world around us. Girls should be embraced as valuable creative contributors.
- Girls learn differently. Science proves that engaging girls early and with different instruction enables them to prosper in technology. Instead of forcing girls into accepted methods of technology instruction, we are redesigning how technology is taught to girls.
- Community is critical. Leading by example allows girls to visualize their Path through technology and identify mentors – both male and female. We will work diligently to expand and connect this community on behalf of girls.
- Technology is more than coding. There are an infinite number of tech-related fields and careers – those like farming that can be advanced through an understanding of technology, or video game and software development that require marketers and designers to thrive. All perspectives help to advance technology as a discipline.
- It takes a community. No one person or group can offer a total solution to solve the gender gap in tech. We must all work together towards the common goal.
- The Path is worthwhile. While the obstacles to becoming a woman in tech – and then remaining a woman in tech – are innumerable, the journey is an important one that is ultimately fulfilling to both the individual and the larger community. We will continue to inform, educate and champion this Path to help make it easier on every girl that sets out upon it.
We develop educational technology solutions that support teachers and students.
At Zaner-Bloser, we are committed to bringing innovative, manageable, and highly useful technology to schools. We don’t want to burden teachers with complicated tools that take time away from teaching. Our technology tools make it easy to plan and deliver instruction, enhancing learning by providing exciting interactive content.
We are pleased to feature two new unique technologies: Strategies for Writers Online Writing Center and Voices 3C eLessons and Leveled Library. The former is a complete online writing and grammar program that prepares students to be confident, proficient, effective 21st century writers, ready for college and career. The latter is a powerful, flexible tool that drives standards-based, small-group reading instruction.
Institute for Cognitive Literacy
Transforming Family Culture Through Parent Leadership Dialogue Series
Parent Leadership and Role of Parenting
Schooling or Education: Natural Role of Parents in Teaching and Learning
Gwendolyn Kinard, Ph.D.