Date(s) - 07/09/2016
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
South Shore Cultural Center
Categories No Categories
The biggest current challenges over the past few years, boldly embraced:
- Position SSCC as a prime special use destination facility–above all for cultural events such as concerts–in the Park District and South Side, ready to serve a major support role for growing Chicago, the South Side, and South Shore.
- Manage parking, entrance/traffic and other challenges to use of the Center.
- Seriously enhance and build out first the performance areas and equipage and the subsidiary rental and event spaces, and in the future the remainder of the unused upper floors for cultural programs and partner space as part of whole-building rehabilitation master plan.
- Refurbish the envelope and infrastructure – Make sure funds for rehab including exterior are spent wisely and more allocated if neccesary.
- Provide good and safe access for this increasingly busy center.
- Momentum: maintain and increase the level of concerts, programming, partnerships and marketing: HAVE IT IN USE despite financial limits. Programs include public, classes, and kids’. Nature Center programming is a potential addition.
- Publicity, outreach, and growth- Center and Advisory Council
- Continue to build synergies with the s Parrot Cage Restaurant, even though its core programs have now moved to Kennedy-King, with partners, and especially the park district.
- Grow and keep a strong, stable staff, including resources from Residency and other partnerships.