Shared by the Community, Please If Aware of More Jobs Opportunities email: email@example.com
Info Shared by State Representative Kam Buckner
Info Shared by South Chicago Neighborhood Network
CRRC Sifang America is Hiring!
Hammond residents only please.
Be more than just a resume, get the chance to advocate for yourself at the HACE Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, May 20th. Speak directly with position recruiters from the top companies in the Nation through private, one-on-one, online chats. NEW in 2021 you can now connect by text, audio, or video for more personal and engaging conversations. https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/hace/e/ZDQVb
Info Shared by South Shore Chamber Inc
Info Shared by South Shore Chamber Inc:
On Tuesday May 4th to find out about employment opportunities at Amazon.
Register at https://lnkd.in/g3gyaKC
Please share with someone who is looking for work opportunities.
Info Shared by South Shore Chamber
Get Your Degree, Debt-Free
UPS Hodgkins is hiring part-time package handlers on all shifts. Starting pay, up to $27/hour with weekly attendance bonus. Visit upsjobs.com
; select Hogkins, IL or text UPSJOBS to 33588.
- Jobs for CDL drivers, $30/hour
- Free PACE and CTA transportation to Hodgkins
- UPS continues to provide the industry’s best tuition support for college students
- The CRCP bonus adds another $200 -$500 monthly for students at 17 area colleges
Learn More Click: https://www.crcprogram.com/
Info Shared by Alderman Harris:
Job News That You Can Use
Free Clothing – TREAD’s Clothing Free for All will take place every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month form 10 am – 6 pm at Ark of Peace Garden Shop located at 11251 S. Halsted.
- NHS Chicago- AmeriCorp Vista Internship – NHS is looking for summer interns in a number of our departments. See the attached newsletter for available positions. To indicate your interest, send an email and your resume to the point of contact listed in the newsletter by Monday, April 26th. The formal application can be found at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do.
- Afterschool Matters MAPS Corp: Summer youth exploration program for those 16+ from July 6th – August 12th. For questions about the program or application process, contact Tiarro Owens at 773-734-9181, ext 2030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unity Squad: Summer opportunity for 14-15 year olds with a focus on leadership and workforce preparedness. This 6 week program offers a biweekly stipend of $150. Visit https://www.claretianassociates.org/unity-squad-job-application.html by May 30th.
- One Summer Chicago: The application window is now open for the One Summer Chicago Youth employment program (14-24 years old). The application and additional information can be found at http://www.onesummerchicago.org/SummerJobs/. Apply early! Last year there were over 60,000 applicants for approximately 20,000 jobs.
- CTA Summer hiring for High Schoolers: Applications are open for paid internships with CTA this summer. The application window closes on April 21st so, apply now! The flyer is attached but you can also visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/21CTAOSC to apply.
- Obama Presidential Center Construction jobs: Applications are being accepted for construction training and jobs in anticipation of the ground breaking later this year. This is a great opportunity for our youth and returning residents to get started in a stable trade that provides livable wages. Visit https://hire360chicago.com/opc/ to learn more and apply.
- NextJob: NHS Chicago is pleased to announce a partnership with Next Job thanks to our partners at Fifth Third Bank. Whether you have experienced a job loss due to the pandemic or the pandemic helped you realize you needed a change, Next Job can help you identify your strengths, fine tune your resume and polish those interviewing skills, all at no cost to you! www.nextjobtraining.com and enter FT181875436 as your access code.
- The Discover Card Chatham Contact Center will have career oriented jobs upon completion. To apply for the many job opportunities visit https://chicagoshinebright.com/.
Info Shared by The Neighborhood Network Alliance:
|Interested in supporting the Neighborhood Network Alliance community organizing and engagement efforts? Submit your resume. We are currently hiring for the position of Operations Assistant.
|Discover is hiring NOW for the Chatham call center. Management positions start at $50K and customer Service positions start at $17.25/hr. Must have a HS diploma. For info or to apply, visit www.discover.com/shinebright.
To support local businesses in Chicago’s four UrbanMain communities the National Main Street Center’s UrbanMain program has launched the UrbanMain Marketplace
Of Color Inc.’s Illinois Youth Investment Program is currently seeking applications. See the fulll job posting here
. For more information call Joshua Williams at 773.664.2356 or email email@example.com
Chicago Community and Workers’ Rights is looking for a full-time Development and Communications Coordinator!
For a full description and details see the link below:
Info Shared by Danielle Richards
One Summer Chicago job application is now being accepted by the city. The deadline to apply for one of the 21,000 available slots is Friday, June 11, 2021 https://www.onesummerchicago.org/SummerJobs/
Info Shared by Jose Rojas:
Cal City Bakery 816 Burnham Ave calumet city. Hiring!
We are looking for 2 more positions to be filled for our second store Location ( EastSide ) , looking for people who can work morning and afternoon shifts, must be able to work weekends bilingual preferred looking to hire ASAP.
Please come in to apply at 816 Burnham Ave, in calumet city.
Please complete The Neighborhood Network Alliance Position Interest Form below. Information submitted through this form will be evaluated for relevant background and experience for the position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we will only respond to those applicants whom we would like to invite to interview for the position.
Info Shared by Alderman Mitchell
We are hiring!
A PTC Technical Support Administrator must have excellent technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively about problems and solutions. They must also be customer-focused and patient with difficult customers. PTC Technical Support Administrators provide 365/7/24 implementation and troubleshooting services for the PTC System.
For more information on this position and to apply:
Discover Is Opening A Call Center And Bringing 1,000 Jobs To Chicago’s South Side
Info Shared by State Representative Kam Buckner
Exciting news for students studying in the field of construction!
is launching the second year of their scholarship program for graduating seniors.
Last year, Power awarded 4, $2,500 scholarships to Chicagoland High School Seniors that are pursuing a 4-year degree in Construction Management or a related field. Power is again looking to award 4, $2,500 scholarships to exceptional students
Info Shared by South Shore Chamber Inc.
Plumbers’ Joint Apprenticeship Committee, Local 130 UA 2021
Plumbers’ JAC Local 130, UA will be accepting applications for admission to the Plumbing Apprenticeship Program starting on January 24, 2021 through March 6, 2021 OR the first 2.000 submissions, whichever comes first ONLINE at apply.jac130.org
|Apply for the Membership Coordinator/Administrative Assistant Part-time Position
The South Shore Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, energetic and charismatic Membership Coordinator to manage and grow our membership base. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, personable, articulate with excellent communication, computer and writing skills. We believe the membership is the lifeblood of our organization requiring an individual who can relate to members and businesses of all sizes. This person is comfortable in large and small group settings while effective on a one to one basis. Especially important is the ability to relate to and understand the needs of the members and prospective members. This position will require a minimum of 20 hours per week depending on workload, events, and Executive Director’s scheduling.
- Prospect and sell new memberships to local businesses and organizations
- Maintain membership records (contact info, renewals)
- Maintain a list of new and renewing City of Chicago business licenses applied for in the South Shore community
- Issue welcome letters and business services packets to new businesses in the community
- Prepare and send out annual invoices for renewing members
- Organize and facilitate promotional campaigns for business owners
- Maintain a vacancy log and contact info of all property along the commercial corridors
- Facilitate annual membership drives
- Coordinate special events for new members (ribbon cuttings, networking events)
- Work with communications team for weekly member highlights and promotions
- Work with web developer for updates to membership directory and other member related news
- Develop membership benefits for retention
- Attend relevant Chamber functions and other meetings specifically requested by the Executive Director for purposes of networking and recruiting
- Phone/Email outreach to membership – monthly
- Meeting Invites
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative and clerical needs as necessary
Experience and skills required:
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, results-oriented and comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of individuals from all professions.
- Able to function with little supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and well as computer and organizational skills is a must
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is necessary
Previous sales experience and business development is a plus
Please send your cover letter and resume to Tonya Trice at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Calumet Area Industrial Commission (CAIC) administers funding for On the Job Training of new employees with private sector employers throughout the Chicagoland area. The OJT Program has been established to help unemployed and displaced workers train for new careers and assist employers with the cost of training new workers in the skills required to be productive employees within their respective enterprises. CAIC works directly with your HR department to ensure that only candidates that meet your specific needs are referred to your business for potential training. Because CAIC knows industry, they find employees with the work skills and work histories that fit with the job specifications. You make the final decision on whether a candidate meets your standards. You may be reimbursed for 50% of the trainee’s wages for up to two months of on the job training. This amount is reimbursed to you directly by CAIC.
Southeast Jobs Collaborative
Earn money and explore new career paths in one of several program areas, including Green Teens, Art Apprenticeship and business. Hundreds of students take part in our robust teen employment program that includes hands-on…
State of Illinois Job Opportunities
State Representative Marcus C. Evens Jr. Job Listing:
Alderman Hairston 5th :
Alderman Mitchell 7th:
Alderman Harris 8th:
Alderwoman Garza 10th: