Join aSweatLife at Global Girls in Chicago on October 6 for a morning of volunteering and dance fitness programming focused on having fun, getting active, body confidence and inclusive.
As much as we love working out in gyms and studios that will challenge our physical fitness and taking fitness adventures outside the city, we also know that fitness stands for so much more than just cool experiences to try and share with friends.
Right in our hometown of Chicago, organizations like Global Girls Inc work tirelessly to make activity a staple in kids’ and young adults’ lives in areas where it may not be as easily accessible. On Saturday, October 6, we’ll join 20 students at Global Girls for a morning of collaboration, getting to know each other, and activity through dance fitness.
More about the volunteering day at Global Girls Inc.
Founded in 2000, this space offers dance and acting classes and other workshops that teach emotional intelligence skills through self-awareness and empathy for others to girls and young women ages 5-14 in Chicago’s Avalon Park neighborhood.
On Saturday, October 6, aSweatLife will offer a dance fitness activity to engage with the students at Global Girls. We’ll also hear from the students and see a performance they’ve been working on.
We’ll eat a provided lunch together and you’ll walk away having made new friends and shared in creating community through fitness, dance and, hopefully, a lot of laughter.
Your $25 donation covers:
- A donation to Global Girls Inc
- Pre-program training – Our partner in bringing us to Global Girls and making this happen, Unearth the World, will share content that relates to Global Girls and the issues they are addressing
- 10:00 – 10:30 am: Arrival and getting to know each other
- 10:30 – 11 am: Introductions; Global Girls, Inc. founder, Marvinetta, will introduce GGI and some of the girls will perform a dance
- 11 – 11:25 am: aSweatLife dance fitness activity
- 11:25 – 11:50 am: Global Girls, Inc. activity – The girls will teach aSweatLife volunteers how to do a dance
- 11:50 am – 1 pm: Lunch together
More about Unearth the World
Unearth the World (UTW) is a social enterprise that plans personalized and meaningful volunteer abroad programs for professionals and students. UTW pairs travelers with vetted international nonprofit partners to solve real issues in global communities. Founded by Kathryn and Mike Pisco – Cornell alums and social entrepreneurs from Chicago – UTW empowers people from all over the world to engage with other cultures all while making the volunteer travel industry more transparent and inspiring people to volunteer in their own communities. Since 2015, more than 300 global citizens have donated over 4,000 hours of their time. UTW alums have started their own nonprofits, continued to volunteer in their own communities and become more civically engaged to multiply their tremendous impact!
Here are all the details in one place:
- What: A morning of volunteering and community building with Global Girls Inc and aSweatLife
- When: Saturday, October 6 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Where: The Global Studio, 8151 S South Chicago Ave
- What do I need to bring? Just comfortable clothes and shoes! We’ll have lunch covered.
- How much does it cost? Your $25 donation goes towards continuing programming at Global Girls Inc and pre-program training for this specific volunteering event
- Where do I grab a ticket? Right here and below. We’ll see you on October 6!